Travel Health Consultation
Traveling abroad? Stay healthy and safe with a consultation!
- For every 100,000 travelers per month, 50,000-80,000 will seek medical care while abroad. The risk of getting sick is very real and places a damper on an otherwise exciting time in your life.
- Unfortunately, insurance from the United States is not accepted abroad and the quality of care seen in other countries may not be as effective as in the U.S.
- A consultation with us will help you stay healthy and prevent illness so you can enjoy your trip without worry.
What occurs at a travel health consultation?
- It is a one-on-one meeting with a certified travel-health pharmacist and commonly takes 20-30 minutes
- The pharmacist reviews your travel plans, safety recommendations, food and water precautions, reviews areas of safe medical care, and how to get help if you need it.
- The pharmacist also recommends specific over-the-counter products, medications, and vaccines to prevent illness and keep you healthy while you are outside of the United States.
Does my insurance cover the consultation?
- The majority of health insurances do not cover travel health consultations, regardless of who provides the medical advice.
- We offer competitive rates for consultations, vaccinations, and medications.
- Group rates are available for large groups and employers.
Who should I contact for more information?
- For more information, please contact the pharmacy and ask to speak to a travel health pharmacist or send us a message here!
We look forward to helping you prepare for your trip so you can have safe and fun travels!