WHY SHOULD I GET DIABETIC EDUCATION?
- Diabetes is a challenging disease to self-manage. It can be overwhelming at first, and we want to help you learn how to manage this disease.
- Once diagnosed with diabetes, a person’s risk for heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, blindness and eye problems, kidney problems, foot problems, dental disease, and nerve damage increases greatly.
- The more information a patient has about diabetes, the better decisions a patient can make about how to appropriately manage their diabetes.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?
- Schedule some time with a pharmacist to discuss diabetes and the complications associated with the disease.
- Additionally, we will review your blood glucose logs, counsel you on your current medications, and provide you with recommendations to better control your diabetes.